The Lower back pain is a very common problem for many people among us. There are many reasons for lower back pain, a weak core and wrong posture when sitting all day. There are many Yoga poses can help you to ease your lower back pain by practicing them regularly.
- Child’s Pose | 5 breaths
- Start with a tabletop position.
- Bring your feet together and widen your knees towards the edges of your mat.
- Sit your hips back onto your heels and then walk your hands towards top of your mat, lowering your chest towards the floor. Let your forehead rest on the mat.
- Hold for 5 breaths.
2. Cat-Cow | 5 breaths
- Start with a tabletop position on your hands and knees. Stack your shoulders over your wrists and both legs your hips apart.
- On an inhale, Gaze forward, drop your belly and tilt your tailbone towards the sky and come to Cow pose. Feel a stretch through your abdomen.
- Exhale and roll your shoulder, Chin to chest to come into cat pose. Draw your navel towards your spine. Press the ground away and feel a stretch through your mid and upper back.
- Continue flowing between your cow and cat pose for 5 rounds of breath.
3. Downward Facing Dog | 5 breath
- From Child’s Pose, extend your hands slightly forward , lift yourself up when you inhale, come to downward facing dog.
- Make sure you do not lock your knees and elbows, tailbone to the sky and gaze between your legs.
- Spread your fingers wide. Work on straightening your legs and lowering your heels toward the ground.
- Hold for at least 5 breath.
4. Standing forward bend | 5 Breath
- From Downward Facing Dog, come towards top of your mat. Stand with straight spine, your feet, hips width apart.
- Inhale centre, exhale bend forward. Place your hands on the floor.
- Tuck your chin in toward your chest, relax your shoulders, and extend the crown of your head toward the floor to create a long spine.
- Hold for one to three minutes.
5. Reclined Pigeon Pose | 5 Breath each side
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend your both knees. place your left foot on your right knee.
- Hold the back of your right leg and gently pull it toward your chest.
- When you feel a comfortable stretch, hold there for 5 breaths.
- Switch sides and repeat.
6. Supine Twist | 5 breaths per side
- Lie down on your back and hug your right knee towards your chest.
- Place your right arm out side with your palm facing down.
- Place your left hand on your right knee and bring your right leg towards left across your body to come into your supine twist. Make sure you do not lift your right shoulder. Gaze towards right.
- Hold for 5 breaths, then switch sides.
2 Replies to “Yoga Poses for Lower Back Pain”
Useful blog and tips. I have tried these asanas and it does help a lot.
Thanks. Gayatri for sharing these tips!